You can’t drain the swamp and leave all the people in it.
- Mick Mulvaney, Trump budget director, on cutting the EPA workforce, bloomberg article
Pirate Pass, Detroit Dirt
You can see Pirates games for $6 a ticket in April and May. Nice marketing, boys. Yow!
As the Pittsburgh Pirate marketing department soars, the lads at Detroit Tiger marketing are trying to sell bottles of dirt... at $20 a throw. (dop)
Well, the Tigers have your dirt needs covered, baby. You can add a Detroit Dirt Watch to your collection for the paltry sum of $150. Bargain shopping! (ha)
This Detroit Tigers metal alloy watch comes with authenticated dirt from Comerica Park. The watch comes with a customizable interchangeable strap Japanese movement and is 5ATM water resistant. The dirt is authenticated using the MLB Authentication Program.
- Detroit Tigers Metal Alloy Game-Used Dirt Watch
I gotta admit. I missed this whole dirt craze. I didn't see that one coming. (snark)
- You can get a Cubs dirt pen for only $20... Chicago Cubs Dirt Pen With Authentic Field Dirt/sod From Wrigley Field Ssm Authenticated Game Used hologram Only
- It looks like many MLB teams have this one. For just $60, you can get your dirt memorialized in a fancy crystal obelisk... Milwaukee Brewers Tapered Crystal With Field Dirt Display- MLB
- 40 bucks will get you a nice Seattle Mariners dirt coaster set... SEATTLE MARINERS GAME USED DIRT SAFECO FIELD PORCELAIN DRINK COASTERS + DISPLAY
- Don't forget the kids. Here's a dirt sign for your Kid's Cave... Colorado Rockies 10 Inch X 20 Inch Kids Cave Sign With Authentic Game Used Dirt From Coors Field
Movie: Battle Royale
Review: 2 bill-stars (out of 5)... Godzilla bad
Battle Royale is a Japanese film from 2000 that has English subtitles. It's funny. The DVD, for some reason, defaults to Korean subtitles. But I'm like, "Why is this Japanese movie subtitled in Japanese?" I found out it was Korean when I switched the settings to English.
Anywho, Battle Royale is the Japanese version of Hunger Games. There are a bunch of teenagers in a battle to the death on a remote island. It's pretty bad. It feels like a Godzilla movie. Ridiculous acting. Silly special effects. Dark, high-contrast visuals. Bad.
The movie references, way back in 2000, the website: www.br.com, for Battle Royale. But they didn't grab the domain or they did and let it lapse. Weak!
I was recommended BR by a student. Dop. Worth a try, but...
Not a good movie.
The Blackhawk have played a ton of hockey. And they were bored to tears playing Colorado, one of the worst teams in the league. It was a yawner for 50 minutes, and then...
Hawk win! (Yahoo boxscore)
In the last 20 games, the Hawks have tallied 34 of a possible 40 points as the hottest team in the NHL. Our lead in the West is now 7 flippin' points. We're only a point behind the Caps in the East for home ice for the entire playoffs.
With only 10 games left in the regular season. Playoff me! Yow!
I lurve the Blackhawk TV Guys: Eddie O and Pat Foley. But they said one thing about an offside replay and the NHL said another. They kept playing a replay over and over showing Toews offside because the puck crossed the blue line before he left the zone.
But the replay nabobs at the NHL are talking about the puck crossing the line and then being touched by an attacking player's stick?!?
Review was not conclusive in determining whether Toews tagged up at the instant the puck was on Richard Panik’s stick when Chicago entered the attacking zone prior to the goal.So, what the heck is offside then? I dunno.
- nbc post
I have some good company, I guess. The coach of the CO Avalanche can't figure it out either.
I guess I don't fully understand it. It's a tag-up rule. They're saying it wasn't fully on (Panik's) stick.Weird.
- Avalanche coach Jared Bednar, yahoo story
Well, I'm glad they counted the Toews goal.
It led to 4 more and a Blackhawk victory!
hawk win... yow, bill